[Gluster-users] dkms-fuse and afr problems (was: Problems with gluster and autofs )

Phil Packer philp at layer3.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 10:48:03 UTC 2010

On 10 Feb 2010, at 10:14, miloska at gmail.com wrote:

>> I have a working glusterfs setup running on Centos 5.3 with
>>
>> glusterfs-2.0.4 (compiled from the source RPM)
>> fuse-2.7.4-1
>> dkms-fuse-2.7.4-1.rf
>> autofs-5.0.1-0.rc2.102
>> kernel  2.6.18-128.1.10.el5
>>

> Sorry for the possible lame question, but what is that dkms-fuse good for?

It allows auto-build of the fuse kernel module at boot time to match the running kernel... saves having to manually re-compile the fuse kernel module every time there's a kernel update..

Regards

Phil

--
Director, Layer3 Systems Ltd
Layer3 Systems Limited is registered in England.  Company no 3130393