[Gluster-users] [3.1.1] NFS sparse file corruption problems?

Christian Fischer christian.fischer at easterngraphics.com
Fri Dec 17 13:20:25 UTC 2010

On Friday 17 December 2010 08:31:59 Christian Fischer wrote:
> Any known issues with replicated volumes, sparse image files exported via
> NFS?
>
> I can install a xen virual machine (XCP), a can boot it 2 or three times,
> after that ext3 seems complete corrupted, I'm unable to boot from the
> image.

The boot partitions file system is clean, there's no write access.
The  root partitions file system is corrupted after some write access, kernel
panic.

> I can see jdb kernel messages regarding the journal, it seems missing.
>
> I do some install tests now to see if it is reproducable or not, and if it
> appears  if i do native glusterfs mounts instead of nfs mounts.

It is reproducable.
No tests on a native glusterfs mount possible, virtual disk creation fails,
maybe due to O_DIRECT?

open("/var/run/sr-mount/93bc8d22-3a8d-c62a-21c4-c512a150c3a0/test.vhd",
O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC|O_DIRECT|O_LARGEFILE, 0644) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid
argument)