[Gluster-users] performance stops at 1Gb

Anand Avati anand.avati at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 13:03:08 UTC 2010

Do both read and write throughput peak at 1Gbit/s? What is the block size
used for performing I/O? Can you get the output of -

1. dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/stripe/file bs=1M count=1K

2. dd if=/mnt/stripe/file of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1K

Just one instance of dd is enough as the client network interface (10Gbit/s)
has enough juice to saturate 4x1Gbit servers.

Avati