[Gluster-users] How many files can be created in a directory

Dongmin Yu min at hostway.co.kr
Fri Oct 30 02:47:37 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm wondering how many file I can create in a directory and if there's
performance issue as number of files growing.

Another question is, GlusterFS has any nice way to find files with a
prefix through glusterfs client in a directory and subdirectory ?

I'm using recursive readdir and I'm afraid to scan whole directory to
find files which start 'xyz'.

Thanks

DongMin Yu

HOSTWAY IDC Corp. / R&D Principal Researcher

TEL. +822 2105 6037

FAX. +822 2105 6019

CELL. +8216 2086 1357

EMAIL: min.yu at hostwaycorp.com

Website: http://www.hostway.com

NOTICE:  This email and any file transmitted are confidential and/or
legally privileged and intended only for the person(s) directly
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
transmission, distribution, or other forms of dissemination is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the email and files, if any.