[Gluster-infra] FB: Branch creation

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 15:25:37 UTC 2016

All,

We (Jeff, Vijay, Amye, and Myself) have been in conversations with FB
folks over upstreaming their work and also around helping them catch
upto 3.8 (as they are on 3.6.3 + large number of patches (say ~300)).

Towards this, to ease their movement to the 3.8 release, considering the
large number of patches etc. it was proposed that we create a special FB
branch in our git repo, and enable them to maintain the same.

The whole intent and purpose of this can be found in the attached document.

We discussed this off-list with maintainers and did not have any
objections that were noted, moving this to the respective lists, to get
it on record and proceed with the branch creation.

Thanks,
Shyam