[Gluster-devel] Running regression tests in docker container.

Raghavendra Talur rtalur at redhat.com
Tue May 27 12:39:43 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have been playing with docker for a while to see if we can use it to improve our
regression test times.

Here is the github repo having Dockerfile and related scripts.
https://github.com/raghavendra-talur/Gluster-in-Docker/tree/master

Out of the 191 tests that we have in tests folder right now these are the tests that fail for me in container;
after removing most of the issues which were docker related like container not having some packages installed,
host not having some kernel modules(I know this is why docker is meant more for applications than something like system software.)

    * tests/basic/rpm.t Failed test: 4
    * I think we can ignore this for now considering that we had some problems with it recently.

    *
tests/bugs/886998/strict-readdir.t Failed tests: 10, 24
    * looks like bug or readdirp fuse support

    *
tests/features/glupy.t Failed tests: 2, 6
    * failed to import error in init of glupy.c should be a minor issue with respect to path.

    *
tests/bugs/bug-802417.t Failed tests: 27-28
    * changelog and afr related Yet to investigate.

    *
tests/bugs/bug-808400-dist.t Failed test: 10 failure in fcntl test
    * tests/bugs/bug-808400-repl.t Failed test: 10 failure in fcntl test
    * tests/bugs/bug-808400-stripe.t Failed test: 10 failure in fcntl test
    * tests/bugs/bug-808400.t Failed test: 12 failure in fcntl test
    * Yet to investigate.

    *
tests/bugs/bug-990028.t Failed tests:
    * 164-165 I have no idea why this is failing, it indicates a bug in glusterfs code :(

Running the tests in one container is no use of course.
Running with combination of xargs and ssh with 5 containers running I was able to get these times.

On local machine: ~90 mins
With 5 containers: ~45 mins

Although I admit, my system was really slow with all 5 containers running tests.

Sending this mail to help anyone to take it from here if they want to test gluster in container.
I will meanwhile continue to debug failures until I get failures to 0!.

--
Thanks!
Raghavendra Talur | Red Hat Storage Developer | Bangalore | +918039245176