This page contains guides for doing stuff with GlusterFS.
- GlusterFS On ZFS
- CTDB HOWTO
- HA and Load Balancing with NFS and SMB
- Creating Gluster RPMS - How to compile GlusterFS RPMs from git source, for RHEL/CentOS 6.4 and Fedora 16-18
- GlusterFS Keystone Quickstart
- GlusterFS Cinder - Setup instructions for using GlusterFS with OpenStack Grizzly's block service (Cinder)
- GlusterFS iSCSI - Setup instructions for using GlusterFS as a block storage system with an iSCSI interface
- Adding space in EC2 with EBS - A simple procedure to expand the size of your EBS-backed GlusterFS volume.
Tips and Tricks
- Network Configuration Techniques
- Brick naming conventions
- Using Gluster with OSX - Tips for connecting to GlusterFS volumes with OSX
- Linux Kernel Tuning - Need to get in the nitty gritty for kernel tuning parameters? This is the article for you
- Glusterfs-filter - Modyfing .vol files directly with a filter.
- Using the Gluster Test Framework - How to get started with the GlusterFS Test Framework
- Building QEMU with gfapi for Debian based systems
- Performance Testing - DRAFT - how to test Gluster performance with typical multi-client, multi-stream workloads.
- Disk already used in a volume
- Resolve GFID to filename
- Resolving Peer Rejected
- Gluster 3.4: Brick Restoration - Replace Crashed Server
Articles that need to be written
- UUID's and cloning Gluster instances
- Verifying cluster integrity
- using cgroups to manage Gluster behaviour under different workloads
- CTDB configuration for failover of non-native protocols (SMB/NFS)
- Patching Debian/Ubuntu Packages
Tips and Tricks
- Running commands on multiple servers
- Which filesystem should I format the Gluster bricks with? - this is easy: XFS. Ext4 considered harmful.