Getting Started and QuickStart Guides
After some time baking these in, we have the beginnings of more in-depth documentation. These are just the start, look for more later.
- QuickStart - a one-pager designed to get you up and running quickly
- Getting Started - longer series of documents designed to give you a firm grounding in the world of GlusterFS
- GlusterFS Concepts - What is this GlusterFS thing? How does it work? This living document attempts to explain.
- Basic Gluster Troubleshooting - Gluster troubleshooting, 20 questions style!
- HOWTO Guides - some are written, some are not.
Tips and Tricks
- Using Gluster with OSX - Tips for connecting to GlusterFS volumes from MacOS X
- Presentations - Slides and videos from public talks about GlusterFS
Gearing up for the release of GlusterFS 3.4 is well underway. See the following pages for the latest information:
- GlusterFS 3.4 tracking bug - keep tabs on all of the bugs we're targeting for inclusion in 3.4
- 3.4 Planning page - this page has been updated for the duration of the release cycle, ever since we started in July, 2012
- Features included in 3.4 - this is the list of all new features we're including in GlusterFS 3.4, with links to their respective feature description pages
- Developers page - all pertinent information for would-be developers, patch-writers, etc. Links to our workflow documentation, as well as architecture and internals documentation
- Download latest releases - you can get the latest 3.4 series releases (as well as 3.3 GA releases) here
3.3.1 is the latest version of GlusterFS recommended for production environments.
- About this release
- Upgrade to 3.3 - IMPORTANT! Please read before upgrading from 3.2.x
- Install Guide - It's the brand new QuickStart guide
- Admin Guide - PDF download or HTML tarball
- What's New in 3.3 - Overview of new features
- Connecting with OpenStack Resource Page
Contributing to the Gluster Community
There are a variety of ways to contribute to the Gluster community.
Gluster Community Planning
We are planning some massive changes at Gluster.org, which will become the home for GlusterFS users and developers, as well as project leaders of related projects. If you have opinions about 'the way things oughta be' then hit the link below.
- Gluster.org Planning Doc - Make the next version of Gluster.org all that it can be
- Swag Suggestions - Suggest inexpensive but meaninful swag that you would enjoy receiving for your participation.
If you're interested in extending GlusterFS, learning about it's architecture or participating in the developer workflow, you'll want to read this:
- GlusterFS 3.4 Release Planning - we recently gathered up core developers to discuss planning the 3.4 release.
- Features in Development - submit feedback on proposed features, or add your own.
- Backport Wishlist - bugs fixed in master you would like to see backported to a previous release branch
- Projects - projects that can be worked on.
- Archived Docs (everything prior to 3.3 betas) reside here