- 1 Getting Started and QuickStart Guides
- 2 Presentations
- 3 GlusterFS 3.7
- 4 GlusterFS 3.6
- 5 GlusterFS 3.5
- 6 GlusterFS 3.4
- 7 GlusterFS next versions
- 8 Backport Wishlist
- 9 Community Governance
- 10 Contributing to the Gluster Community
- 11 For our Community Admins
Getting Started and QuickStart Guides
After some time baking these in, we have the beginnings of more in-depth documentation. These are just the start, look for more later.
- QuickStart - a one-pager designed to get you up and running quickly
- Getting Started - longer series of documents designed to give you a firm grounding in the world of GlusterFS
- GlusterFS Concepts - What is this GlusterFS thing? How does it work? This living document attempts to explain.
- Basic Gluster Troubleshooting - Gluster troubleshooting, 20 questions style!
- HOWTO Guides - some are written, some are not.
- Administrator Guide
- OperatingVersions - Table of GlusterFS "operating-version" values (for glusterd.info), and the version of GlusterFS they correspond to
- Deploying and Managing Gluster using oVirt - Deploying and Managing Gluster using OVirt Webadmin Portal
- Presentations - Slides and videos from public talks about GlusterFS
Watch this space.
GlusterFS 3.6.2 is our latest release.
GlusterFS 3.5.3 is the latest stable release.
Please see these links and send any questions to gluster-devel.
- Features included in 3.5 - this is the list of all new features we're including in GlusterFS 3.5, with links to their respective feature description pages
- Upgrade to 3.5 - IMPORTANT! Please read before upgrading to GlusterFS 3.5.
GlusterFS 3.4.6 is a mature release and is suitable for production environments.
- Download it
- 3.4.6 Release Notes
- Features included in 3.4 - this is the list of all new features in in GlusterFS 3.4, with links to their respective feature description pages
- Upgrade to 3.4 - IMPORTANT! Please read before upgrading to GlusterFS 3.4.
GlusterFS next versions
If you need a fix to be back ported to a particular release, please file a Bug Report at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS and add the bug number to the Depends On: field in the appropriate tracker bug report:
- 3.6 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1184460
- 3.5 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1141158
- Governance - Find out how the Gluster Community is governed and why it matters
Contributing to the Gluster Community
There are a variety of ways to contribute to the Gluster community.
Documentation for GlusterFS
This is one of the best place to start contributing to Community.
Currently GlusterFS documentation is divided in two places.
- Some documents which are mostly static pages ( e.g: the admin guide, feature) are part of gluster code base i.e. in glusterfs/doc directory.
- To contribute to these documents, patches need to be sent in markdown format.
- Read about Submitting_Documentation_Patches to gluster.
- The other documentation source is gluster wiki
- If you have more questions or suggestions on documentation, please send a mail to gluster-users mailing list
See pending tasks in documentation that need your attention Doc_todo_list
Gluster Community Planning
We are planning some massive changes at Gluster.org, which will become the home for GlusterFS users and developers, as well as project leaders of related projects. If you have opinions about 'the way things oughta be' then hit the link below.
- Gluster.org Planning Doc - Make the next version of Gluster.org all that it can be
- Swag Suggestions - Suggest inexpensive but meaninful swag that you would enjoy receiving for your participation.
If you're interested in extending GlusterFS, learning about it's architecture or participating in the developer workflow, you'll want to read this:
- Developers page - all pertinent information for would-be developers, patch-writers, etc. Links to our workflow documentation, as well as architecture and internals documentation
- GlusterFS 3.5 Release Planning - Discuss planning the 3.5 release.
- Features in Development - submit feedback on proposed features, or add your own.
- Backport Wishlist - bugs fixed in master you would like to see backported to a previous release branch
- Backport Guidelines- Guidelines for backporting patches/changes to a stable branch
- Projects - projects that can be worked on.
- Language Bindings - Connect to GlusterFS from programs written in languages other than C using these libgfapi bindings.
- Fixing Issues Reported By Tools For Static Code Analysis - This is good a starting point for developers to get involved with GlusterFS project.
- EasyFix Bugs - EasyFix bugs for GlusterFS.
- Bug reporting guidelines - Guideline for reporting a bug in GlusterFS
- Bug triage guidelines - Guideline on how to triage bugs for GlusterFS
- Bug report life cycle in Bugzilla - Information about bug life cycle
GlusterFS Test Days
- GlusterFest - Sessions for people to run GlusterFS, generally targetting new features so we can shake out bugs before release.
Collection of other documents which will be useful
For our Community Admins
Useful pages and links for our Community Infrastructure Admins :)
- Removing Gluster Forge Spam - We sometimes get spam on the Gluster Forge. These are the commands to remove it.
- Archived Docs (everything prior to 3.3 betas) reside here