This is a place-holder for description of features in GlusterFS. All new features to be developed will need an entry here.
- Operating version for glusterd
- “operating-version” support in 'glusterd' is required to ensure that different versions of gluster binary bits interact with each other without problems.
- Write Once Read Many times option
- “worm” support in 'gluster volume set <volname> worm on' is required to enable volumes to be converted a worm type.
- Event Hooks
- Volume lifecycle extensions.
- Duplicate Request Cache
- DRC for GlusterNFS to provide resilience to rpc restransmissions of non-idempotent operations.
- ACLv3 support for NFS.
- Server Quorum
- This feature, when enabled, kills the bricks in the volume that do not meet the quorum because of network splits/outages.
- Crash consistent snapshot of glusterfs volumes
- Features/AFR CLI enhancements
- CLI enhancements for AFR
- Persistent caching of connected NFS-clients
- Persistent caching of connected NFS-clients on a per Storage Server or per Trusted Pool base.
- Features/Geo Replication Hooks
- Geo Replication Hooks
- Trash translator for GlusterFS
- Volumes based on erasure codes
- Afr refactor
- Policy Based Split-brain resolution
To introduce new features, see the link below. Be sure to include links to code or a site where you describe the project.